What are Python Web Frameworks ?
Python Web Frameworks
One of the most used and never-ending technology is Web development. Web development is like a mountain, you can climb it but can not move it from the place.
Similarly, many technologies have climbed over web development and became a hot topic for today’s time. But they can not remove web development from the market.
What we will cover in this article:-
- What is Web Framework
- Types of Web frameworks
- Functionalities of web frameworks
- Importance of Web Development through Python
- Trending frameworks Comparision
- Learning Resources
So, After a little introduction, let us dive into Web Framework. One of the most basic questions that arise in every mind is, “What is Web Framework?”
A Web framework is a collection of packages or modules which allow developers to write Web applications or services without having to handle such low-level operation details as sockets, protocols or process/thread management. They automate the implementation of common solutions, cutting development time and allowing developers to focus on application logic instead of routine elements.
Types of Web Framework
There are many web framework in python but the most used top 10 frameworks are listed down:-
Functionalities of Web Framework
Frameworks provide functionality in their code or through extensions to perform common operations required to run web applications. These common operations include:
- URL routing
- Input form handling and validation
- Database connection configuration and data manipulation through ORM(object-relational-mapper)
- Session storage and retrieval
- Web security against cross-site request forgery(CSRF), Cross-site Scripting(XSS), SQL Injection and other common malicious attacks.
- Supports user logins with users being assigned roles and limitations placed on their access.
- A dynamic website is divided into two parts static i.e. HTML and Dynamic Template i.e. the code generation part for HTML. In a template, we can insert variables without the knowledge coding.
Importance of Web development through Python
- Easy to learn: Python is the most popular language for first-time learners for a reason. The language relies on common expressions and whitespace, which allows you to write significantly less code compared to some other languages like Java or C++. Not only that, but it has a lower barrier of entry because it’s comparatively more similar to your everyday language so you can easily understand the code. Now, this doesn’t mean that learning Python will be easy if you’re just starting. Programming, in general, isn’t easy, but it will mean that you can grasp concepts at a faster pace.
- Rich ecosystem and libraries: Python offers a vast range of library tools and packages, which allows you to access much pre-written code, streamlining your application development time. For example, you have access to Numpy and Pandas for mathematical analysis, Pygal for charting, and SLQALchemy for composable queries. Python also offers amazing web frameworks like Django and Flask, which we’ll dive into later in the article.
- Fast prototyping: Because Python takes significantly less time to build your projects compared to other programming languages, your ideas come to life a lot faster, allowing you to gain feedback and iterate quickly. This quick development time makes Python especially great for startups who can hit the market sooner to gain a competitive edge.
- Wide-spread popularity: Python is one of the most popular languages in the world, with communities from all over the world. Because of how popular the language is, Python is continuously updated with new features and libraries, while also providing excellent documentation and community support. Especially for new developers, Python provides extensive support and framework for one to begin their developer journey.
Trending Framework Comparision
All in all, both are open source Python web frameworks. Django is a full-stack framework, whereas Flask is a micro and a lightweight framework. There is no strict set of rules as to what one should use. Many believe as Django to be the be-all and end-all but that might not be the case in every scenario. Know your requirements and choose the framework wisely per your team’s need. I hope you liked this Django vs Flask post. Stay tuned for more articles on Web Development. There are several Python frameworks available. But these are the best frameworks that can be used for application-oriented fields. Django, CherryPy, TurboGears, Web2py, Pylons, Flask, and Pyramid are good frameworks to know for any developer looking to get into application-oriented fields.
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT BEST PYTHON LIBRARIES click here.