What is Ansible and How it is so Powerful?
What is Ansible?
Ansible is an open-source software provisioning, configuration management, and application-deployment tool. Which provides Infrastructure as code. It runs on many Unix-like systems and can configure both Unix-like systems as well as Microsoft Windows.
In other words, You can say that Ansible is an IT automation tool that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, infra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs. In this agile world, everyone is running for the automation and Ansible is one of the best tools to achieve the automation in industries.
How does Ansible work?
Ansible works on a push mechanism. There is one controller node and others are managed nodes by push mechanishm. The controller node push to their managed node to do some configuration. There is a lot of freedom whereby creating an inventory we can add our managed node with our controller node and when necessary can easily do some configuration.
In our inventory file, we can make multiple host groups and prepare our files accordingly.
How does Ansible is so powerful?
- Due to the push mechanism, we need only one controller node to manage all the managed nodes and that’s why it is known as agentless IT automation.
- Another thing is its simplicity. Ansible uses a very simple language(YAML, in the formation of Ansible playbook). You can do your complex automation in plain English.
- Actually, you don’t need to learn that as well. Ansible provides their documents and for any of the services, you can read on their webpage. Or can use the terminal to get the documents and use that according to your needs.
- The very best thing about it is without having the actual command of your OS, you can do whatever you want. No matter how many nodes are there and they are the same or different.
- To do anything in the OS you always need two things one is what to do and the second is how to do? In ansible, you can remove the second option, how to do and you only have to focus on the first option what to do?
- It is an open-source and hence we don’t have to pay anything to use this.
CONNECT WITH THE AUTHOR ON LINKEDIN.
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IAM AND CLOUDWATCH SERVICES click here.